Monday 4 November 2013

Return to Nadi

My last day in the Yasawas. I woke at daybreak and went to photograph the sunrise.


As ever, the dogs were keen to keep me company.


I rocked in the hammock until it was time for breakfast. We got pancakes which were quite nicely done. The morning before, breakfasting alone, they had served me delectable waffle puffs containing coconut milk.

I asked for a shoulder massage to ease the knot in my left shoulder. I could move it better after that, but time was the best cure.
During and after breakfast the others were vacillating between going to Blue Lagoon in the morning or after lunch. They still hadn't left by the time I had to transfer to the Flyer. I wore long jeans so the cuffs got wet during the transfer. I dried up in the lounge.

The return trip was uneventful, we passed the resorts I had stayed at in reverse order. They didn't play The Blue Planet documentary on the TV though. Here we are passing South Sea Island again.


Viti Levu loomed in the cloudy distance. It looked like it would rain that evening.

In the lounge I chatted with a French girl from Toulouse who had spent a year on a working visa in Australia. The brave lass had driven across the Nullarbor in her own car.


We picked up our luggage from the jetty at Port Denarau. Awesome Adventures Fiji then took us on coaches back to our resorts. And that was the end of my outer islands excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment